Researcher. Primary affiliation is Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
- Evolutionary Biology, Paleontology & Macroevolution
- Origin and diversification of the neopterygian fishes (holosteans and teleosts)
- Quantifying diversification on macroevolutionary timescales
- Phylogenetic Trees in Ecology and Evolution (MSc course).
- Clarke JT, Friedman M. (2018). 'Body-shape diversity in Triassic–Early Cretaceous neopterygian ﬁshes: sustained holostean disparity and predominantly gradual increases in teleost phenotypic variety'. Paleobiology. 44 (3), 402-433.
Copyright holder: Cambridge University Press.
- Clarke JT, Graeme LT, Friedman M. (2016). 'Little evidence for enhanced phenotypic evolution in early teleosts relative to their living fossil sister group'. PNAS 113 (41), 11531-11536.
- Clarke JT, Warnock RCM, Donoghue PCJ. (2011). 'Establishing a time-scale for plant evolution'. New Phytologist 192 (1), 266-301.